Friday, July 27, 2012

Tweet show: Stewart-Pattinson scandal in 140 characters - Detroit Free Press

A pop culture sensation like the Robert Pattinson-Kristen Stewart-Rupert Sanders cheating scandal only comes around so often in Hollywood, so it makes sense that Twitter would be, well, all atwitter with the news.

On Wednesday, Stewart, 22, confirmed that she had been unfaithful to her "Twilight" co-star and boyfriend of three years, Pattinson, 26, and then apologized within the span of just three sentences: "I'm deeply sorry for the hurt and embarrassment I've caused to those close to me and everyone this has affected. This momentary indiscretion has jeopardized the most important thing in my life, the person I love and respect the most, Rob. I love him, I love him, I'm so sorry."

• Photos: Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson in happier times

Paparazzi caught Stewart kissing and canoodling with her married "Snow White and the Huntsman" director Sanders, 41, who issued his own charged statement. "I am utterly distraught about the pain I have caused my family. My beautiful wife and heavenly children are all I have in this world. I love them with all my heart. I am praying that we can get through this together."

Between the emotionally worded admissions of guilt and the shock of seeing one of Hollywood's most popular couples fall apart, impassioned "Twilight" fans and detractors alike are going online to say their piece â€" in 140 characters or less. A collection of the most amusing tweets of the day about a sullen girl, her British beau and the director who changed everything.

@BradWollack This is exciting. I've been hoping for more photos of Kristen Stewart in the press looking depressed.

@MafiaForks Keep Calm and support Kristen Stewart.

@HalleEllyce Ok im over kristen stewart for the 2nd time….back to worrying about who is january jones baby daddy

@GobletOfTweets Unfortunately Kristen Stewart can't show she's sorry for cheating on Robert Pattinson because she has no facial expressions…

@NotthatAdamWest I'm not surprised Kristen Stewart couldn't act faithful. She can't act happy, sad, frightened, mad, shocked or aroused either.

@leenewtonsays Kristen Stewart says she's sorry for everything… I'm assuming she means her career.

@TheFauxMilaniaG this kristen stewart thing is concerning. not because she cheated but because TWO whole people were actually willing to sleep with her

@alexandergold Obviously Kristen Stewart is to blame for Twitter being down because Kristen Stewart is a life ruiner - she ruins lives.

@stephanieclient "Yay! Twitter is down!!!!" - Kristen Stewart

@JensenClan88 Kristen Stewart's publicist killin' it by shutting down Twitter all morning.

@MrWordsWorth At least Kristen Stewart only broke Robert Pattinson's heart instead of driving a stake through it.

@KimJongNumberUn Yo Kristen Stewart stop texting me I'm a married man now LOL

@annagreenslade ROBERT PATTINSON CHEATED ON BY KRISTEN STEWART? THIS HAS COMPLETELY not affected my life one bit.

@ChristianGreyXX Just invited Kristen Stewart to my powerful office, to talk about a film I'm making. I'm hoping she takes good direction…

@EllieAnneMarie Kristen Stewart cheated on Rob Pattinson? Well the première of Breaking Dawn Part2 will be awkward…

@EliBraden@kristen_stewart r u still into ruining marriages of guys w/ young kids? dm me xoxo

@GloZell What the Twilight? Kristen Stewart has lost her MIND. She had a good man … he was a Vampire … but a good man!

@TommyWee Kristen Stewart apologises for cheating on Rob Pattinson with director Rupert Sanders. She should apologise for Twilight first.

No comments:

Post a Comment