Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Jordin Sparks Puts On Brave Face And Peplum Dress Without Whitney At 'Sparkle ... - Entertainmentwise

She said that she became a recluse for three months after the death of her co-star Whitney Houston, but last night Jordin Sparks put on a brave face and flaunted her new trim figure at the premiere of her new movie, Sparkle.

The former American Idol champion looked every inch the Hollywood starlet in a stunning peplum red dress which drew attention to her tiny waist after recently losing a staggering 50lbs.

But you could tell there was an empitness about the event as the once diva Whitney Houston would have taken centre stage on the red carpet, and the sadness behind Jordin̢۪s brave smile was almost apparent at The Cinema Society screening.

The 22-year-old vocal powerhouse strode on, however, taking her mother Jodi Wiedemann as her date, and stunned onlookers in the pretty and on-trend number that she teamed with matching patent red pointed heels to elongate her pins.

Putting on a brave face: Jordin Sparks at Sparkle premiere - Wenn

On her recent weight loss, Jordin spoke about how she managed to shed the excess weight in an interview with TODAY̢۪s Savannah Guthrie, claiming it was a result of illness.

She said: ''I got really sick in the fall of 2010 right after Broadway. And I was just like, 'I am not going to take my health for granted anymore. This changes right here, right now.'

''I was really evaluating what I was eating, when, and why I was eating it. I love food and so I was just eating because it tasted good. I kind of re-evaluated that. Now I definitely listen to my body first.''

Jordin takes the lead part in the new film and plays a musical prodigy and daughter to single mother (Houston) who struggles to become a star as she deals with issues that tear her family apart.

Jordin Sparks shows off incredible bod in Las Vegas...

Jordin Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment