Sunday, August 19, 2012

Lady Gaga Posts Photo Of Bruises Following On-Stage Concussion - MTV.com

Lady Gaga has proven her mental toughness time and again, but even she had to admit that the walloping she took on stage at a show in New Zealand on Sunday threw her for a loop.

"Emerging from hours of sleep," she tweeted on Monday, less than 24 hours after she was struck in the head with a pole while performing "Judas" during the third of three shows in New Zealand. The comment was accompanied by a photo of Gaga laying in bed looking disheveled, her hair a mess, with a large bruise on her left cheek and what appeared to be the beginnings of a shiner under her left eye. "Still remiss if I should go outside, with this clonker I may be of questionable styling," she added.

Earlier on Monday she assured fans that she was on the mend, tweeting, "Thank you so much for all the thoughtful messages. I feel a bit woozy but a little better everyday. Very happy to be in beautiful Australia."

Videos of the incident posted online show a male backup dancer accidentally hitting Gaga in the head with a metal set piece while trying to take move it off the stage. Gaga, who bent down to pick up a prop machine gun during the performance of "Judas," staggered a bit and rubbed her head before briefly walking off the stage. But, a short time later, she was right back at it, performing 16 more songs before calling it a night.

Later in the gig, she told the audience, "I want to apologize. I did hit my head and I think I may have a concussion. But don't you worry, I will finish this show." The singer's make-up artist, Tara Savelo, tweeted about the incident on Sunday, writing, "Gaga has a concussion but she is going to be okay. She wants u to know she loves u. I'm taking care of her. Can't believe she finished the show."

No comments:

Post a Comment