Friday, August 17, 2012

Lil Wayne Gives Nicki Minaj Control Of Dedication 4 Freestyle - MTV.com

Lil Wayne's Dedication 4 mixtape will be released next week after a brief delay, and fans can definitely expect a feature from Nicki Minaj. Although Nicki and her boss have collaborated plenty in the past, the YMCMB rapper tells MTV News that the process is much different now than it was a few years earlier.

"I usually pick the beat when me and Wayne do something," she said, explaining how her freestyle came together for the tape. "I went to Miami and I started grilling him like, 'Hey, why don't you lecture me anyone?' and he says, 'you made it already I ain't got to tell you sh--."

"We had this crazy little spat â€" I actually got on footage and I'll show the fans really soon," she continued. "But he's working on the mixtape and I said, 'Excuse me, I need to be on that mixtape,' and he said, 'Aight, whatever you wanna do.' So I just went into the other room and recorded on this particular beat that I'm sure my fans are gonna be very happy that I touched. I'm really excited for the kids to hear."

Nicki was amused just thinking about the track, which she says will be "real funny," but she also admitted that she misses Wayne's hands-on approach a little. "It's like having a strict parent and when you no longer have it [you] kinda want that," she said. "I told him, 'I miss when you would lecture me and tell me to keep on my grind and do this do and do that â€" where's the love?' "

Doing one of her infamous Lil Wayne impressions, Nicki tried to reenact his response to her plea: "[Female Weezy voice] Yeah, you and Drake ya'll made it, ya'll don't f--- with a n---a no more." She was clearly amused by his stance on things, but maintains that "he's always gonna be my mentor."

"He's just sitting back watching, and seeing the fruits of his labor, and that's what he said."

Minaj released her sophomore album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded in April, and she plans to drop another project by the end of 2012, although she declined to give any details, simply saying, "I'm releasing something before the year is out."

No comments:

Post a Comment