Sunday, August 19, 2012

Shia LaBeouf's Drunken Behaviour So Bad On 'Lawless' Set His Co-Star Wanted To ... - Entertainmentwise

Actor got drunk for his role, but it seems he may have taken things a little too far

Shia LaBeouf's Drunken Behaviour So Bad On 'Lawless' Set His Co-Star Wanted To Quit

Photo: Andrea Raffin/WENN

Shia LaBeouf has been a naughty boy, and not just because his girlfriend reportedly isn't happy that he's set to have sex for real in his latest movie, 'Nymphomaniac'.

It seems in the role in which we'll see him on big screens next, as a moonshine maker in 'Lawless', he took a little too literally too, getting utterly battered in order to  make his performance realistic.

The actor told NY Mag: "My drinking on this movie was as undestructive as I could possibly make it, if that makes sense,

"I did it for the movie. I didn't drink off set for no reason. I did it because, when I showed up on set the next day, my [bleep]ing eyes looked like this and my face... had that drunk bloat that I needed, that I couldn't have if that wasn't going on. Moonshine is different than liquor. Moonshine is closer to heroin."

Surely Shia could've asked the guys from make-up to give him a boozed up look? After all in 'Withnail & I', the title character, who is possibly the biggest movie drunk of all time, was played by teetotaller Richard E. Grant.

His drunken behaviour was apparently so bad that his co-star Mia Wasikowska called her lawyer and tried to quit. LaBeouf said: "She was calling her attorney, like, 'Get me the f*** out of here, Mia was ready to walk away from the movie. I was really pretty aggressive about it, and not in any kind of weird, strange way, but I don't think she had ever experienced anything like that."

In an interview with MTV , the actor also confirmed that getting three sheets to the wind isn't the only sacrifice he'll make for his art, as he'll actually have sex on camera.

Labeouf said: "It is Lars von Trier, making a movie about what he's making. For instance, there's a disclaimer at the top of the script that basically says we're doing it for real. Everything that is illegal, we'll shoot in blurred images. Other than that, everything is happening."

PHOTOS: Shia LaBeouf dons bizarre look for 'Lawless' New York screening

 Shia LaBeouf PHOTO Richie Buxo/Splashnews

No comments:

Post a Comment