Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Carly Rae Jepsen's Rise To Stardom Sealed With A Kiss - MTV.com

This summer has been all about one artist and one song: Carly Rae Jepsen and her catchy hit "Call Me Maybe." But on Tuesday (September 17), fans can finally hear what else the pop star has up her sleeve as she releases her highly anticipated U.S. debut, Kiss.

"I was at an interview once, and someone just came out and asked me, 'What's your album going to be called?' and I was like, 'Kiss!' And that was how I decided," Jepsen revealed to MTV News last month. "It really is an album about love, flirtation and the beginnings of things, and it felt like it really suited it, and as well there's a track called 'This Kiss' on the album, which I think is probably my favorite song, so that's probably why."

Jepsen made a quick impact on pop culture back in February with a little help from mentor Justin Bieber, who made a viral video featuring the song and later signed his fellow Canadian to Schoolboy Records. Seven months and nine weeks atop Billboard's Hot 100 later, Jepsen is ready to share her Kiss, a day she's been preparing for since she was 17.

"I've written on almost every song, and these are lyric ideas that I've been collecting since I was, like, 17, so it's really fun to get to see them put to life," Jepsen told MTV News last month. "It's cool to be able to say with confidence that this is an album that I feel like I've been waiting to make and I'm ready to finally have out there."

Jepsen worked with Owl City on the second single, "Good Time"; LMFAO's Redfoo on the upbeat track "This Kiss"; and, of course, Justin Bieber, who not only has a duet on the album with "Beautiful", but also gave Jepsen his seal of approval.

"He digs it," Jepsen said. "I was stoked. ... Scooter [Braun, Justin's manager] called me ... and he's like, 'It's fantastic, you should be pumped,' and it's not often that I say that I am, but I am pumped. I mean, I hope people like it, but it's fun to know that my friends and family and people around me are digging it, and hopefully everyone else likes it too."

What's your favorite track from Kiss? Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment