Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Jessica Simpson makes post-baby debut on Katie Couric's new talk show - TheCelebrityCafe.com

The first episode of Katie, Katie Couric’s new daytime talk show, aired on Monday and featured Jessica Simpson in her first interview since giving birth to Maxwell Drew Johnson.

Simpson and Couric discussed the trouble Simpson is having losing her baby weight, which has been monitored by the tabloids. People reports that she told Couric she has lost 40 pounds since having the baby. “My doctors told me [my pregnancy weight] was a lot of water, and when my water broke,” she said. “All the weight did not come out with the baby. I had to stay focused on my diet. I want to be as healthy as I can because I'm a mom now.”

She noted that she is still 10 pounds away from her pre-baby figure and that she has been losing weight every week.

According to Just Jared, Simpson explained that she did not think about her diet during the pregnancy. “I feel like what made me eat more is my hormones and breastfeeding. I’ve never wanted chocolate more in my life,” she said.

She also revealed that she has been able to ignore magazines and doesn’t pay attention to what others say about her. “I definitely don't pick up the magazines,” she said. “I definitely don't Google my name. I try to avoid it completely. But I subconsciously know the talk is going on. Every day it's a struggle for me. Weight Watchers is not intimidating. It's not a diet. It's a lifestyle.”

As for her wedding, she and fiance Eric Johnson do not have a date set. “It won't be this year. We haven't had time. Maxwell has taken up all our time and I want a big wedding.”

Simpson is now a Weight Watchers spokeswoman and the first ad featuring her was also released on Monday.

The first episode of Katie also included an interview with Sheryl Crow, who discussed being diagnosed with a brain tumor.

image: Jessica Simpson's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment