Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Lady Gaga Shaves Head In Honor Of Terry Richardson's Late Mom - MTV.com

Lady Gaga is the latest celebrity to jump on the partially-shaved-head bandwagon. But in the Mother Monster's case, her new 'do wasn't meant to make an edgy fashion statement, but to honor the late mother of a friend.

Celebrity photographer Terry Richardson lost his mother on Tuesday (September 11), and to honor her life, the singer shaved the back of her head. She posted the shot on her Little Monsters website and included a message for Richardson.

"I did it for u Terry. I'm sorry about ure mommy. She has princess die, but were all princess high," she tweeted. "Princess Die" is a reference to a song she's been playing on her Born This Way Ball that most likely will appear on her next album, ARTPOP.

His mother died at the age of 74. After her death, Richardson tweeted out photos he took of his mother before her death in the ICU at the hospital. He wrote, "R.I.P. Annie Lomax, My Mom 1938-2012."

Richardson and Gaga collaborated on the 2011 coffee-table book, LADY GAGA x TERRY RICHARDSON, which featured numerous candid shots of the singer. That same year, Gaga opened up to MTV News about working with the famed and often controversial photographer.

"Terry was with me for [almost] a whole year, and, gosh, I didn't hold anything back from Terry ... he was with me every minute, every moment," she said. "It's completely unfiltered. He has photographs of me waking up in the morning, brushing my teeth, in the bathroom, in the bathtub, the shower. And the thing about Terry, if you know anything about his photography, is that nothing is staged; I mean, that's sort of what he is renowned for. He can get you to do things and he can capture things that no one can ever capture.

"What I love so much about Terry is that he thinks everything is so beautiful. I'm always, 'Oh Terry, get out of here,' and he's like, 'Oh, it's so beautiful, let me just shoot it.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment