Monday, September 10, 2012

Tom Cruise Gushes About Katie Holmes To MTV In 2005 - MTV.com

With the news of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' divorce still sinking in, we can't help but dwell on the couple's happier times, particularly the early stages of their romance when Cruise had no problem expressing how smitten he was with Holmes in very public settings.

Around the time of his famous couch-jumping on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in June 2005, MTV News' Sway Calloway sat down with the actor for an in-depth one-on-one interview and on-air special called "All Eyes on Tom Cruise."

During the lengthy chat, Calloway brought up the subject of Cruise's then-new love interest and why Cruise chose to so publicly announce their relationship in front of a sea of photographers at a European awards show.

"Hey man, when I make a move like that, I'm saying, 'This is my woman,' " Cruise said. "People are going to do what they're going to do. Here's the thing, you can't think about it in terms of what people are going to do or say, it's 'I want to share my life with this woman. This woman is exceptional, she's special, she's extraordinary and I have great respect for her.' It's someone who's saying 'I've got nothing to hide, I'm happy.' I'm happy, man!"

Cruise went on to gush about how Holmes' dynamic personality and ability to keep up with him is what had him falling head over heels in love.

"She is something else," he said. "I've got a fast life, I've got a lot going on, and she's a dynamic woman and she's just special."

The "Vanilla Sky" star wouldn't go into the details surrounding his and Holmes' first date or how Cruise went about making his first move, but he did admit that he planned to work with her onscreen at some point in the future.

"I'd love to work with her, she's a great actress," Cruise said. "I will work with her someday, no question."

But alas, the prospect of them ever working together now seems unlikely.

No comments:

Post a Comment